Sponsor

I use Outlook and for the most part, I am very satisfied with it.  However, I have one problem with it that I can’t resolve on my own. My contacts never go away.  Even though I remove them from my contacts listing, they are still there.  They no longer appear in my contact listings, but appear when I attempt to send an e-mail.

For example: when I begin typing an e-mail address beginning with a letter, a number of possible e-mail addresses pop up.  Some of these contain e-mails for people that I removed years ago. How do I permanently remove these names?

you’ll need to turn on autocomplete in Outlook. Here’s how to do it. Open up Outlook and click the file tab.


The select Options


When the Outlook Options window opens, select Mail from the list on the left.


Scroll down to Send Messages.


Tick the box next to Use Auto-Complete and hit okay.


Now Outlook should offer autocomplete options when you start typing addresses.




You’ll want to click on the Empty Auto Complete button. This will reset your Autocomplete list and empty out all of the old addresses.


This will clean out your newer addresses as well, but should learn them again pretty quickly as you send e-mails.

2 comments:

 
Top