Sponsor

I have windows XP on my desktop and Windows 7 on my laptop.  I want to remove my bank information from the desktop but I am afraid I will also delete it from my laptop.  What should I do?

if you have information saved as a document on a hard drive on your XP computer, deleting it there will not have any effect on your Windows 7 laptop. If you mean that you have banking information saved in a browser like Internet Explorer on your XP computer, you can still delete the history and turn off the ability for IE to remember passwords without it affecting your laptop.



The only changes made though your browser that would apply across multiple computers would be if you logged into your account with the bank and perhaps changed the password.

Most importantly, you need to stay offline with that XP computer, as there is no longer any security support.

2 comments:

 
Top